Hatha symbolizes the union of life force energy & consciousness. Its meaning is derived from HA, meaning sun and THA meaning moon. The practice of Hatha Yoga is meant to purify the body, calm the mind and open the heart. This practice can be modified for any level of student and is known as a gentle form of yoga.
Erin enjoys practicing Hatha Yoga when she wishes to:
• Unwind after a long week at work
• Focus on her breathing or alignment
• Reconnect for some much needed "me time"
• Feel mentally calm and at peace
• Offset a grueling weight session at the gym
• Nurse an aching muscle or strain